There are lots of great reasons to join a CSA. Here are some of the main ones:
- It’s healthy! CSA vegetables are organic and free of harmful pesticides. Plus there’s nothing like having a batch of fresh veggies delivered every week to encourage you to cook healthy meals.
- It’s fresh! CSA produce is super fresh and delicious because it’s hand picked the same day it’s delivered.
- It’s a great value! Our CSA works to offer the lowest price possible because we work directly with farmers and everyone works cooperatively to run the weekly distribution. There is also no wasteful packaging. Spread throughout the season, our prices are cheaper than local supermarkets and greenmarkets, and the quality is much better.
- It’s good for the environment! CSA is better for the environment because we do not pack items individually. All members are required to bring their own bags and cartons. Vegetables are certified organic and fruit is low spray or IPM. Eggs are pasture raised. Deliveries are done with one truck and come from three hours away.
- It supports a local farm! As more and more small farms are losing out to ‘agribusiness’, joining a CSA is great way to support a family farm.
- It builds community! CSA is a great way to get to know your neighbors and get more involved in community activities.